Home Ecology History Photos Articles Camps Contribute  


Pete CampNext door, between his family's cottage and what was then the McCord place, Captain Stowell's son William built his own cottage in 1914, and he occupied it until his death. It was sold in 1946 to Molly and Ward Bedford of Middlebury, who were members of our community for the next 45 years. Ward contributed his leadershi[ skills, honed during 20 years as a State Representative and Senator, to the Thompson's Point Country Club and Association, both of which he served as President for many years. During the 1950's their sons were often seen with their cousins, the Nicholsons, water skiing, and teaching the pastime to others. Both made teaching their profession, though the subject matter changed to history and math. The cottage remains in the family, and Crayton Bedford became sole owner in 1994.

Back | Next | Home