The present Gilroy cottage was built before 1899 by Reverend W.S. Roberts of Burlington. The cottage was sold to Mrs. Alice Sprague of Brandon, Vermont, in 1906, and then to W.C. Staley in 1908. It was here in 1913 that former President Theodore Roosevelt visited when his Secretary of the Treasury, Leslie M. Shaw, was a renter on the Point.
After a very brief ownership by Mr. Roy Rohrer, a relative of Alice Irving, the cottage was purchased in 1931 by H. Clay Ward of Great Neck, long Island. Ownership subsequently passed to the Wards' daughter, Elizabeth Ward Gilroy, and the cottage is enjoyed by her and her family.