A little farther along the bluff C.L. Atwood took up lot #7 in 1897 and built there in 1900. He sold to James A. Cory of Shelburne in 1910; he to William Greenlease in 1921, and he to Margaret C. Paine in 1925. Mr. Frederick Shepardson of Burlington came in 1937, bought the lease and cottage, took over lot #6 and half of lot #8, and began a happy career as a local leader. For many years the "official" fire alarm for the Point was a large bell at Shepardsons. There was a printed fire response plan under which, at the sounding of the bell, camp owners would bring hoses, axes, and ladders to the scene of the fire.
In 1955 the Shepardsons moved to Shelbune Point and the cottage was sold the following year to Dr. E.B. Crane of Charlotte. In recognition of their contributions to life on the Point, including many years as president of the Association, "Fritz" and Mary Shepardson were made honorary life members of the Country Club. For many years thereafter they would join their friends at Club Suppers and other social events.
In 1966 Mrs. Crane sold the cottage to Professor and Mrs. Rowland Illick, then of Middlebury and and later of Kennett Square, PA. A world-renowned geographer, Dr. Illick entertained and enlightened Pointers with talks about his travels, and served several terms as president of the Association.