Back from the water's edge on the high ground in a grove of shagbark hickories, with a deep view of the lake, R.N. Eno of Charlotte in 1896 built a cottage which long remained in his family. The lot was first leased to Professor Colby in the winter of 1892-1893, who surrendered it when he bought the Ovette Stone place in 1894.
The camp was transferred in 1919 to Sarah Eno Sherman of Charlotte, later Mrs. Walter Peterson. Wintering in Florida, she centered on the Wooster-Eno farm, and was subsequently interested in and a donor to the Charlotte School and it's school library. The cottage was bought in 1966 by A.W. Rutter, Jr., of Texas, and the following year by Professor Robert E. Kuehne of Princeton University and his wife Janet, a granddaughter of Mrs. Simpson of the neighboring camp. The Kuehnes made considerable improvements to the cottage and grounds, including painting the roadside barn a traditional barn red and emphasizing the wrap-around character of the distinctive front porch. Gardens were added to the roadsides that border the cottage, and deep plantings of pachysandra were added as landscaping at the front.