J. Lindley Hall, businessman of Burlington, built in 1902 and moved into his, the next cottage on Button Bay. With two daughters and two sons, they livened the place for many years. In 1940 ownership was transferred to the sons, David B. Hall of Towson, MD, and William M. Hall of Lexington, MA. The cottage in its entirety was bought by Bill after David's interest waned due to following his son's baseball career. Dick Hall pitched the Thompson's Point team to many victories over nearby camping communities before going on to professional ball. He played in the Pittsburgh Pirates organization before being traded to the Baltimore Orioles where he became one of the more reliable relief pitchers in the major leagues.
Following in his father's footsteps , Bill served for many years as treasurer of the Thompson's Point Association. "Linn" Hall used to hold executive committee meetings in the dining hall of the 'Ticonderoga' while commuting to work in Burlington. As their thee sons' families grew, Bill and Sally decided "that we would build a guest house, with us as the guests, in the southwest corner of the lot". The original cottage, called "Osarhehon", continues to be occupied by Peter, Joseph, and Stephen Hall and their children. Bill continued to enjoy sailing even into his 90's.
Bill said that his mother told him that "Osarhehon" was the Indian name of a chasm in northeastern new York state, meaning "Hard to get out of". In his research he found a site called "Osseruenon"- The first of three walled villages on the Mohawk River, which flows into the Hudson. According to the legend, the Mohawk Indians took their captives to this village to torture them. Alas, Bill reports that he has never been able to locate the actual chasm that his mother told about. However, it is certain that summers at "Osarhehon" are far from torture.