Between the Bacon and Palmer camps stood a lone brick chimney, the only reminder of the cottage built on that site by Fred Bacon in 1905. Mr. Bacon, a resident of Shelburne Falls, was the partner of Walter Palmer; the two ran a lumber mill.
Hazy records indicate that ownership transferred to someone named Brodie, then to Barber/Perry. The camp burned to the ground in 1937, after which the Palmer family took over the lot. It is presently leased by Donald and Lorelei Palmer Kjelleren